trends 2015

Yes I know its already February but I have been thinking about the trends for this year all January.  I don't see too many changes from last year (see what I picked for 2014 here).  It's going to be all about texture: linens, marbles, ben ourani rugs, beautiful woods and I am definitely feeling velvet and chinchilla for winter.  Copper is still pretty, but brass will be bigger.  


From top left:
row 1: textured chevron wall paper in mineral (Schumacher), Moroccan wedding blanket cushions (El Ramla Hamra), carved skull (image by Vintage Piken)
row 2: Geometric cushion cover (5C Home Decor), chinchilla cushion (Zone Maison) 
row 3: Vail Chenille in Driftwood (Schumacher), coco bead and gold chandelier (Candelabra), succulents and greenery
row 4: marble console (West Elm), Queen of Spain wall paper in soft silver (Schumacher), bronze and soft rose velvet vintage chairs (1st Dibs)
row 5: brass candle holder (H&M), marble chopping boards (Jayson Home), brass detail flush mount (CB2)

I just have this feeling about light wood making a come back sometime soon, we have all been loving the dark woods and oaks and high contrasts, I just have a feeling maple and beech are due for a comeback.

All things beautifully crafted and artisan will be popular too, which is lovely, and this will follow through to textiles with a tribal feel like Moroccan wedding pillows, kilims and graphic patterns.

Well only time will tell.  I do know that I like all these things now.  What's on your radar?

No comments

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.