inspired by scandi summer houses

So we are the proud owners of a small, and ugly, cottage in the country.  We want to give it a small make over (small budget but big ideas) and get it ready for holidays and weekends.  I am thinking that perhaps if we painted the outside black with white trim it might transform from ugly duckling to Scandi summer house.  I love the simplicity of the colours and the way they sit in the greenery.  Black never looks dirty and the white trim brightens things up, well you know how I love the Scandi details.  
Wouldn't we all love a dining room like this one (see the rest of this Danish cabin here).  The black and white continues from outside to the interior but flips around, white walls with black accents.  On right black timber cladding is at the heart of this traditional Scandi look.
Green brings the colour scheme to life, detail of the Black Barn retreat in Hawkesbay, and outdoor area.  Porters Paints Palm Beach Black will get you that look.

At left: another gorgeous Danish summer house, complete with sod roof, (top right) detail of a sunny outdoor spot, and another sod roof beaty.

My grandparents owned a small home in the Netherlands and I although I never saw it I like to think it was something like one of these.

Perfect colours: Dulux Lexicon Quarter White, Porters Paint Palm Beach Black, fresh greenery outdoors

No comments

I love all your comments so let me know what you are thinking if you have a moment.