Take a moment to create an area of private relaxation in your bedroom, a space where you can unwind from the silly season.
My essential list for creating a bedroom where you can rest, relax, and revive your energies.
- A few fresh flowers. Just a few blooms cut from your garden are lovely, scented if possible. You would do it for house guests, this season do it for yourself too.
- When you have guests staying, or children home during the holidays, let your bedroom be your retreat, a little oasis where you can have a little quiet time. Make sure you have a few extra pillows so you can sit comfortably, a snuggly throw to cover your feet, and a good book handy to dip into.
- Trinket box for festive season bling. Tis the season for getting dressed up, a handy trinket box on the bedside table will keep your party bling in check.
- Make sure you have enough pillows if you are having guests to stay. Last time we had guests I realised little Miss J had moved into a big girl bed and we were a few pillows short. Plan ahead so that everybody will be comfortable.
- Bamboo cotton pillow cases. Soft, yet silky, the only pillow cases I use at the moment.
- Keep a notebook in your bedside table, for making notes, doodling, and writing to do and shopping lists.
- Open your windows and let in the lovely fresh air. Well I guess this only works if its summer where you are.
|Boxes from Freedom||Cow hide rug turned headboard||Chiang Mai Dragon in mocha|